Wednesday 21 November 2012

Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - IAO Chant From The Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out

Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso U.F.O - IAO Chant From The Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out (Riot Season)
This time we are reviewing a record called IAO Chant From The Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out by a band of Japanese hippies called Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. The reason I am calling them hippies is because by the looks of them on the back of the record they are hippies because they have long hair and beards like the hippies from the sixties and their record cover looks like a record from the sixties because it has a sixties pattern on it - I've never been a hippie because I've always kept my hair short but I wouldn't mind growing my hair a bit.
             This record is funny because when you take it out of the cover it's not black because it is red with white splashes on it and I thought this was very interesting because I've never seen a record like that before.
           This record is also interesting because even though it is an album it only really has one song on it called IAO Chant From The Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out U.F.O. with part one on side one and part two on side two. It only has one song on it because it is a very long song and you can only fit so much on a record.
Acid Mothers Temple:
"Japanese Hippies."
            The music on side one starts off with a long noise and then the guitars and drums and some strange keyboard noises and some singing all starts off together after a bit and it's very loud and very rocking indeed. I tried to make out what they were singing but I couldn't even though they were repeating it over and over but I suppose they could be singing in Japanese and sometimes it is hard to hear the voices anyway because the guitars are so loud. The music keeps doing the same thing over and over again and I think this is a very interesting way to make music and would be very good to listen to if you were a hippie. The music doesn't carry on the same forever though because it changes and the singing stops and there is more guitars later on which I think are played very well and they're also lots of great science fiction noises from a keyboard that I liked a lot. Near the end of this side of the record everything starts getting faster and faster and a bit mad and they sound like they're having a lot of fun and then it all comes to an end with all sorts of different things going on - I liked this very much.
              On the other side which is part two of IAO Chant From The Melting Paraiso Underground Freak Out U.F.O. and it starts off with long guitar noises and voices which sound a bit like throat singing which is a type of singing you sing by going AAAAAAHHHHHHH. The guitars all get a bit noisier and there are also noises which sounds like metal being chucked about and also a noise that sounds a bit like a donkey. After a bit of this messy type music the guitars and drums start up again proper all of a sudden and it is the same tune as was on the beginning of the other side of the record except maybe a bit noisier, this goes on for a while and at one point I thought it might go on for ever but it didn't because what it did was get noisier and noisier and more mad-sounding and then stopped with a bit long noise - I liked this side of the record too and think it is very interesting to have a big long song getting noisier and noisier and going mad because it makes a nice change from shorter, more normal songs.
               Overall I would say that I liked this record very much; I thought it was interesting, noisy, a bit weird and good fun, I would give it 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment