Friday 26 April 2013

The Choo Choo Trains - I Choo-Choo-Choose You.

The Choo Choo Trains - I Choo-Choo-Choose You (Manic Pop! Records)
This time I am record reviewing a 7" record with five songs on it from a band from London called The Choo Choo Trains. I don't know much about The Choo Choo Trains except for that they are three ladies called Emma, Catherine and Veronica who make music and I think it makes a nice change to hear music made by women so I am looking forward to doing this review very much.
             The first song on the first side of the record very good little song called Save Me which is a soft song with soft drums and ordinary guitar where the singer (who has a very nice, light voice which sometimes sounds a bit scottish) is asking someone to save her from a broken heart so it is sort of a love song I reckon - I've never had a broken heart so I don't know what it feels like to have one but I think it would be horrible. I thought  that this was a very nice song indeed and a good way to start the record.
A very good picture of Pete's friend Billy.
               The next song is called The Most Beautiful Boy and it is a very nice song that is a bit faster than the last one. This one is about a boy who is the most beautiful boy in the world called Billy. I thought this was interesting because I have a friend called Billy who is very good looking because he has long hair, Billy used to come here to The Gate to do music with us but I haven't seen him in a long time. I don't think this song could be about the same Billy though because that would be too much of a coincidence. This song reminded me a bit of some band but I couldn't think of who it was because my head went blank but it was probably one of those sixties bands like The Pony-Tails who did Born Too Late or The Dixie Cups or The Chiffons.
             The next song is called Futile and it is a very quiet song indeed with nice piano this time rather than guitar. This song starts sounding quite sad but then changes half way in and sounds happier and carefree - I thought this was a lovely little song.
             Next one is a guitar song which sounds a bit like The Shadows in a bit which is a good thing because The Shadows made Apache and that's a very good song. Like Apache this doesn't have singing in it because it is an instrumental. I liked this one a lot.
             After this instrumental is the last song called No.38 to your Heart and it is another piano song and I thought it sounded a bit like a choirgirl singing at a funfair because the music sounds like music you would here at a funfair or a circus. I thought this was a very nice song and a happy way to end the record off.
               Overall I would say that I thought this a brilliant record with very good music on it that I enjoyed very much and I think other people would like it too because it is very pleasant and a nice change from noisy music - you can hear this record and buy it below. I would give this record 10 out of 10.


6 comments:

  1. Many thanks for your great review, Bertold Brecht would be very proud of you, as am I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I don't know who Bertold Brecht is but I will look him up.

      Peter.

      Delete
  2. thanks Peter! it's an honor to have you review a record i released. all my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Michael. Hope you are well.

      Peter.

      Delete
  3. Hi Peter,

    Its Finlay. Great to know your love of music still going strong

    Love the pic with the hat and fag- very Pete Doherty !

    Keep up the good work.

    All the best . ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Finlay. Thank you very much for the message. Hope you are keeping well. It's very nice to hear from you.

      All the best, Peter.

      Delete